Labels: tagless vs. tearaway | T-Shirt.ca
Many of you are on the hunt for a tagless garment. This could be because you want to relabel the product with your own branding (which is what a lot of our customers do), or you just don't want the irritation & itch on the back of your neck that some tags can cause.
Whatever the reason, we understand that it is an important attribute in an article of clothing. On that note however, we do not sell any garments that are truly tagless. Some items have labels sewn in (those satin, shiny ones). These are made from a flexible, durable material that is not meant to be removed. Other items have a heat-pressed label in the place where a tag might normally be found. This is a print put directly on the fabric of the shirt, that over time and tons of washes could possibly fade, and/or crack off. Items on our site that have a heat transfer label are all New Balance products, and many of Gildan's Performance Athletic line as well).
Then there are the tearaways...
These are the ones you're probably looking for. These tags are made from a thin, paper like material that is perforated so it can easily be torn away from the garment without ripping any fabric. If you're starting your own brand, and want all the fine details covered from the tags to the logo, it is to your benefit to purchase items with tearaway labels. It's twice the work for your seamstress if you buy clothing with sewn-in labels.
Here is a picture of the different types of labels you'll see on our garments (keep in mind the types of tags/labels can vary within a brand):
Below are the items with tearaway labels (click the SKU for a link to the product):
- 6500 M&O Fine Jersey T-shirt: at a starting price of $2.80, the tee is made from 100% 30 single cotton (pretty soft!). Great quality for the price.
- 6500L M&O Ladies Jersey T-shirt: while the 6500 is a unisex cut, this style is made with women in mind.
- 5100P Toddler Tee: Toddlers are messy. Stock up on these starting at $2.21 each.
- 450 Anvil Sustainable T-shirt: Made from organic cotton and recycled polyester, you'd never believe how soft and comfortable this tee is.
- 420 Anvil Organic Cotton T-shirt: yep, that's pretty much all there is to it. Our only 100% organic cotton tee.
- 980 Anvil CRS Fashion Tee: Anvil's latest line-up includes their CRS (combed, ring-spun cotton) items, which are incredibly soft and affordable. In our opinion, the best retail brand available perfect for your designs.
- 880 Anvil Women's CRS Fashion Tee: ladies counterpart to the 980.
- 982 Anvil CRS V-neck: Not a fan of crew necks? No problem. Anvil has a super inexpensive v-neck for your line-up.
- 88VL Anvil Women's CRS V-neck
- 986 Anvil CRS Tank: Plain or ringer style, this tank was our most popular item summer of 2014.
- 882L Anvil Women's CRS Tank
- 987 Anvil CRS Long-Sleeve Hooded Tee: a cool style perfect for in-between weather (basically Vancouver all year round)
- 887L Anvil Women's CRS Long-Sleeve Hooded Tee: ladies aren't left out!
- Some (definitely not all) Bella + Canvas items come with tearaways, including the B3200 Unisex Baseball Tee (one of our best-sellers!)
- B8800 Bella Marble Flowy Tank: great for a yoga or fitness brand! We love to dress it up and down--so versatile!
- B1011 Bella 1x1 Baby Rib Spaghetti Tank Top: classic wardrobe staple, perfect for wearing alone or layering.
You can easily create a great line-up of products for men, women, and even children if you're looking to sew in your own tags for your brand at a great price.